YMCA School-Age Childcare
The YMCA provides extended childcare for students at several FWCS locations. In keeping with the YMCA mission, it values the lives of all children and works to enhance the quality of their experiences at every opportunity. The YMCA offers safe, challenging and fun programs for youth up to age 12 by giving them ways to explore their world beyond home and school. The YMCA School-Age Childcare Program sites offer many options to fit the needs of parents and children.
For additional information about childcare offered by the YMCA, click here.
2017-18 School YearElementary Schools
- Forest Park (Adams)
- Franke Park (Bloomingdale)
- Harris (Glenwood Park)
- Harrison Hill (Fairfield & South Wayne)
- Indian Village
- Maplewood (Waynedale)
- St. Joe Central
- Washington (Study)
- Washington Center
- Weisser Park (Abbett, Levan Scott )
- Whitney Young
- Harrison Hill (Abbett, Fairfield, Indian Village, Maplewood, Levan Scott, South Wayne & Waynedale)
- Holland (Forest Park, Franke Park & Northcrest)
- Washington (Adams, Bloomingdale, Bunche, Lindley, Study, Washington & Young)
School Cancellation All-Day Sites
Morning pre-school begins at the start of the school day. Afternoon pre-school dismisses at the end of the day.
- Harrison Hill (Abbett, Fairfield,Indian Village, Maplewood, Levan Scott, South Wayne & Waynedale)
- Whitney Young
- Before care weekly: $39
- After care weekly: $66
- Before care + after care weekly: $79
- Before care + after care monthly: $284 (based on 36 weeks of school over 9 monthly payments Sept.-May)
- Pre-K weekly: $58
- Before care + pre-K weekly: $74
- After care + pre-K weekly: $95
- Before care + pre-K + after care weekly: $105
- Before care + pre-K + after care monthly: $378 (based on 36 weeks of school over 9 monthly payments)
All the above payment plans include two-hour delay care and school closing care at no additional charge. In addition, the monthly rate plans include Winter Break and Spring Break at no additional charge.
For families only needing care on two-hour delays and school closings, the YMCA offers the following rates:
Two-hour delay care: $14 daily
School cancellation care: $26 daily
The YMCA accepts childcare vouchers and offers financial assistance for those who do not qualify for a voucher. Click here for the YMCA financial assistance application.
Interested in working for the YMCA Child Care program? Click here.