Helen P. Brown Natatorium Policies, Rules & Guidelines
Inclement Weather Policy
As a part of Fort Wayne Community Schools, the Helen P. Brown Natatorium will follow delay schedules as follows:
- If a Fort Wayne Community Schools delay is announced the evening prior to a delay, all morning lap swim and practices will be cancelled. Delays announced the day of will result in no change in the schedule, weather permitting.
- All Fort Wayne Community Schools closings will result in closure for the day.
- All children must be at least 54" tall in order to participate by themselves. Children not meeting the height requirement MUST BE ACCOMPANIED IN THE WATER by an adult, 18 years or older.
- All swimmers must wear proper attire while at the Natatorium. A swimsuit is the only clothing that is to be worn while in the water. (For example: No cut off shorts or sweatpants.) Children who are not toilet trained must wear tight-fitting plastic pants into the pool. No diapers are allowed in the pool. T-shirts are allowed in the shallow end.
- No food, drinks or gum/candy is allowed in the pool area.
- No one with bandages, Band-Aids or open wounds is allowed in the pool. No one with an infectious disease may enter the pool.
- Swimmers with flotation devices (the Natatorium does not provide them) must remain in the shallow end of the pool. All flotation devices must be coast guard approved. (No water wings or other inflatables.)
- NO DIVING in the shallow end of the pool (4 foot area). A feet first entry must be used.
- No running, pushing, or shoving in the pool area.
- No chicken fights, roughhousing or sitting on shoulders in the pool area.
Diving Board Rules
- Anyone wishing to go off of the diving boards or swim in the diving well must first pass a swim test given by a supervisor. If the swim test is passed, guest will be issued a "red band."
- One person on the diving board at a time.
- Jump straight off the end of the board.
- Only one bounce may be taken before leaving the board for entry into the pool.
- Wait until the person in front of you has reached the ladder before going off of the diving board.
- Only one person is allowed on the ladder at a time.