About Haley Elementary School
Haley Elementary School is named for J. Wilbur Haley, a teacher, principal and assistant superintendent of instruction. He worked for Fort Wayne Community Schools for 36 years, retiring in 1965. Mr. Haley started his education career as a high school social studies teacher in Hartford City in 1924. He joined FWCS in 1929 as a teacher at Bloomingdale. He also taught at Franklin Elementary School and Central High School and was principal of Miner Elementary School and Washington Junior High School and Central High. In 1954, he was appointed director of elementary and special education, and in 1963, he became the assistant superintendent of instruction.
The school offers the English Language Learners (ELL) program. Haley Elementary was built in 1969. Haley students feed into Blackhawk or Lane middle schools and Snider High School. The school is located in the Board of School Trustees District 3.