Blackhawk Middle School Dress Code
Blackhawk Dress Policy
Early adolescents grow at different rates and families have differing views on what is appropriate for students to wear to school. Our dress policy is designed to be conservative in nature to allow students to safely and comfortably concentrate on scholastic achievement. Student dress and appearance shall not have a negative effect on or be disruptive to the educational process.
Students who are dressed inappropriately will be asked to change or remove the offending article.
A few general reminders
- Clothing should be appropriate for school and fit appropriately. Any tears holes, or rips should not expose skin.
- Hats, caps, sunglasses, jackets/coats and headphones are not to be worn during the school day.
- All top must have sleeves.
- Girls’ tops must be appropriate and no cleavage or undergarments should be visible.
- Tights, leggings, or similar types of clothing must be worn with another top or dress that is below mid-thigh or finger-tip length.
- Industrial/pet chains or accessories containing spikes are not to be worn.
- Suggestive or disruptive clothing or accessories will not be permitted. Items that have obscene gestures or words, sexual suggestions or over-tones, or items that suggest or mention alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, illegal substances, drugs, gang affiliation and/ or violence will not be permitted.
- Pants must be worn at the waist at all times. Shorts worn under pants are considered undergarments.
- Slippers or pajama-type clothing are not permitted.
- Shorts and skirts should be below mid-thigh or finger-tip length.
- Students will wear shoes.
- For additional information regarding dress policies, please refer to the FWCS Student-Parent Handbook or FWCS Code of Conduct.
GYM BAGS/BOOK BAGS/PURSES
Students may carry backpacks/book bags/purses to and from school. These items must fit and be stored in the student’s locker. Backpacks, book bags and purses are not permitted in the classroom.