FWCS Announces 2017 Driver Education Sessions - January 17, 2017
Fort Wayne Community School will offer 10 sessions of Driver Education this year, with the first beginning in February at the Bill C. Anthis Center, 1200 S. Barr St.
Classes offered are:
- Session 1: Saturdays from 9 a.m.-noon, Feb. 4-April 22 (no class during Spring Break, April 1 & 8)
- Session 2: Mondays & Wednesdays from 5:30-8:30 p.m., Feb. 6-March 8
- Session 3: Tuesdays & Thursdays from 5:30-8:30 p.m., Feb. 7-March 9
- Session 4: Mondays & Wednesdays from 5:30-8:30 p.m., March 13-April 19 (no class during Spring Break, April 3 & 5)
- Session 5: Tuesdays & Thursdays from 5:30-8:30 p.m., March 14-April 20 (no class during Spring Break, April 4 & 6)
- Session 6: Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-noon, June 5-16
- Session 7: Monday-Friday from noon-3 p.m., June 5-16
- Session 8: Monday-Friday from 3-6 p.m., June 5-16
- Session 9: Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-noon, June 19-30
- Session 10: Monday-Friday from noon-3 p.m., June 19-30
The courses are open to any student, whether they attend FWCS or not, who is at least 15 years old before the session begins. The student also must be currently enrolled and in good standing with a high school. The State of Indiana requires 30 hours of classroom instruction to successfully complete the program.
Students can enroll in classroom only instruction, which is $78, driving instruction, which is $320, or both for $398. A deposit of $199 is required for registration with the other payment due the first week the student begins class.
FWCS has one of the longest running Driver Ed programs in the state of Indiana, beginning in 1956. Every instructor is a professional teacher/educator with many years of experience in the public school classroom, as well as special training in Driver Education. More than 400 years of experienced instruction is represented in the Driver Education teaching staff.
For more information or an application, visit the FWCS website at www.fortwayneschools.org or call 467-1085.