Time to Register for 2015-16 School Year - July 20, 2015
Registration for the 2015-16 school year will be held Friday, July 24, and Monday, July 27, at all 49 Fort Wayne Community Schools elementary, middle and high schools. Parents can visit their child’s school from 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Friday or from noon to 7 p.m. Monday to get ready for the new school year.
Registration is taking place earlier this year as school is starting a week earlier on Aug. 11. All registrations take place at the school the student will attend. All students, including those who are returning to the same school, must register. Families unable to attend the scheduled registration dates can contact their child’s school to make other arrangements.
This year, all parents are asked to bring a photo ID as well as two documents showing proof of residency to registration.
Documents accepted include:
- Letter or check from any governmental agency, attorney or court papers
- Letter or card from Allen County Office of Family and Children Services
- Paycheck or Social Security benefits
- Medical doctor, dentist or eye doctor statements
- Established bank account statement (Not a newly established account or bank papers indicating you have changed your address with them)
- Utility connect notice
- Utility bill dated within the past 30 days (Not including cable or cell phone bills)
- Lease printed on letterhead from an established apartment/mobile home leasing office with a contact name and phone number. Hand written leases or those printed from the internet are not acceptable.
Homeless families or those with unusual living arrangements should contact Student & Family Support Services at 467-2120 for assistance.
For additional information or to see school supply lists, visit www.fortwayneschools.org.