FWCS Launches Annual Door-to-Door Campaign This Week - July 10, 2015
Fort Wayne Community Schools staff members will be visiting homes throughout the district this week and next week reminding families of the upcoming registration dates.
This is the fourth year FWCS staff has visited families at their homes to remind them of registration. District staff, as well as school-based staff, will visit neighborhoods to connect with families and students prior to the start of the new school year.
“These visits are one of the highlights of the summer,” Superintendent Dr. Wendy Robinson said. “Our staff members enjoy visiting the neighborhoods where their students live, and students love seeing their teachers, principals and other familiar faces at their house.”
Families can register for the 2015-16 school year from 8 a.m.-1 p.m. on Friday, July 24, and from noon-7 p.m. on Monday, July 27. Registration is taking place earlier this year as school is starting a week earlier on Aug. 11. All registrations take place at the school the student will attend. All students, including those who are returning to the same school, must register. Families unable to attend the scheduled registration dates can contact their child’s school to make other arrangements.
This year, all parents are asked to bring a photo ID as well as two documents showing proof of residency to registration.
Documents accepted include:
- Letter or check from any governmental agency, attorney or court papers
- Letter or card from Allen County Office of Family and Children Services
- Paycheck or Social Security benefits
- Medical doctor, dentist or eye doctor statements
- Established bank account statement (Not a newly established account or bank papers indicating you have changed your address with them)
- Utility connect notice Utility bill dated within the past 30 days (Not including cable or cell phone bills)
- Lease printed on letterhead from an established apartment/mobile home leasing office with a contact name and phone number. Hand-written leases or those printed from the internet are not acceptable.
Homeless families or those with unusual living arrangements should contact Student & Family Support Services at 467-2120 for assistance.
For additional information or to see school supply lists, visit www.fortwayneschools.org.