FWCS, Fort Wayne Area PTA Council Host Information Meetings - March 07, 2014
Fort Wayne Community Schools Board of School Trustees and administrators will co-host a series of informational meetings with the Fort Wayne Area PTA Council this month. The purpose of the meetings is to give parents and community members an opportunity to hear more about issues facing FWCS and education in Indiana.
The meeting schedule is:
- Tuesday, March 11, at South Side High School, 3601 S. Calhoun St.
- Tuesday, March 18, at North Side High School, 475 E. State Blvd.
- Wednesday, March 19, at Snider High School, 4600 Fairlawn Pass
- Thursday, March 20, at Wayne High School, 9100 Winchester Road
- Wednesday, March 26, Northrop High School, 7001 Coldwater Road
All meetings begin at 6 p.m. and are open to the public.
Topics of discussion include the FWCS budget and how the circuit breaker is affecting the transportation budget; legislative issues, including the effect of vouchers; state accountability, including testing and letter grades for schools; and a climate survey that will soon be released to parents.