FWCS Transportation staff travel roads at 4 a.m. to review weather and road conditions. Information is also received from neighboring school districts, the Indiana State Police, Allen County Highway Department, Fort Wayne Street Department and the National Weather Service.
News media are contacted as early as possible, usually by 5:30 a.m. For updates, follow FWCS on Facebook, X and Instagram; tune in to radio or television newscasts; check the FWCS website. Staff, parents and students in grades 6-12 can sign up to receive immediate notification through ParentSquare. If you have not activated your account, go to the ParentSquare website or download the ParentSquare mobile app to register. You can also check your notification settings to ensure prompt receipt of messages.
- All elementary, middle and high schools start two hours later than their normal start time.
- All FWCS buses will run two hours later. Parents should add two hours to the normal expected arrival time of the bus to determine pick-up time.
- Morning pre-K students in Title I programs will attend from 10:50 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., arriving at school with grades K-5.
- Afternoon Title I pre-K students who take the bus will get on the bus one hour later, attending school from 1:50 - 3:30 p.m.
- Morning classes at the FWCS Career Academy at Anthis and Amp Lab will be held from 9:40-11:25 a.m.; afternoon classes will be held from 12:15-2 p.m.
Be aware: A two-hour delay is called to give us time to assess weather and road conditions. It could become a school closing.
SCHOOL CLOSING: REMOTE/eLEARNING
If weather is severe enough that students cannot safely be transported to school, a closure/eLearning or Remote Learning day will be called.
- Students will not attend in person but will be expected to complete assignments online. Please see the eLearning/ Remote Learning expectations.
- On Remote Learning days, students and teachers will meet live via Zoom.
- Teachers are not expected to report to their buildings but must post assignments online and offer office hours.
- Elementary and middle school after-school and evening activities are canceled.
- Each high school will make determinations on canceling their activities.
It rarely happens, but if it does, media will be notified no later than 12:30 p.m.
Notification will be sent via ParentSquare to riders (families) of buses running 15 minutes or more behind schedule.
Call transportation with questions at 260-467-1900.