Fort Wayne Community Schools - Facility Repair
REPAIR FWCS Overview
Maintaining the buildings in Fort Wayne Community Schools is an important component of meeting the district’s goals. Academics are supported by suitable buildings; FWCS buildings are strong anchors in neighborhoods and serve families throughout the community; and being fiscally responsible requires these assets be maintained. Our children deserve well-maintained facilities that meet today’s educational needs, including electrical systems that can handle 21st Century technology, climate-controlled buildings that are more energy efficient and modern classroom space with better lighting and adequate storage. This page will serve as a resource to learn more about FWCS’ buildings and the plan to take care of them for future generations. Check back often, and let us know if you have questions or comments.
As always, we continue to say THANK YOU FORT WAYNE for the opportunity to improve our buildings to a level of modern standards and provide better learning environments for our students and staff!
Industry Information / Bid Timelines
2017/2018 Bid Information
Upcoming Milestone Dates
- Roof Replacements Package R1 / Irwin Elementary
- November 13, 2017 - Drawings Available
- November 28, 2017, 10:00 am - Pre-Bid Meeting
- December 7, 2017, 2:00 pm - Bids Due
- Lane Middle School Renovation
- November 20, 2017 - Drawings Available
- November 30, 2017, 10:00 am - Pre-Bid Meeting
- December 21, 2017, 2:00 pm - Bids Due
- Washington Center Elementary School Renovation
- December 6, 2017 - Drawings Available
- December 14, 2017, 10:00 am - Pre-Bid Meeting
- January 16, 2018, 2:00 pm - Bids Due
- Northrop High School Renovation (Updated)
- January 3, 2018 - Drawings Available
- January 11, 2018, 2:00 pm - Pre-Bid Meeting
- February 14, 2018, 2:00 pm - Bids Due
- Feb. 27, 2017 - Northrop High School Design Contract Award
- May 8, 2017 - Lane Middle School Design Contract Award
- May 8, 2017 - Washington Center Elementary Design Contract Award
- Nov. 13, 2017 - Appointment of Project Architects - PPI Projects
Notice to Bidders
Notices to Bidders will be posted when advertised.
- Lane Middle School Renovation - Published Nov. 6 & Nov. 13, 2017
- Roof Replacement R1 (Irwin Elementary) - Published Nov. 13 & Nov. 20, 2017
Bid Awards will be posted upon approval by the FWCS Board of School Trustees
Darren Hess, Director of Facilities - firstname.lastname@example.org
Heather Krebs, Coordinator of Program Controls - email@example.com
Zach Evans, Coordinator of Capital Projects - firstname.lastname@example.org
Kevin Grady, Coordinator of Capital Projects - email@example.com
Josh Summers, Coordinator of Capital Projects - firstname.lastname@example.org
Jayde Steffen, Coordinator of Physical Plant Improvements - email@example.com
Building on the successes of the Phase 1 School Basic Renewal/Restoration and Safety Projects, needs-only building renovation plan (REPAIR FWCS), REPAIR Phase 2 was resoundingly approved by voters in May of 2016. This second phase of renovations includes major renovations at another 10 school buildings, the addition of air conditioning at 16 school buildings, security improvements at 33 buildings, window replacements at 2 buildings, partial roof replacements at 4 buildings, and parent pick-up lane improvements at 5 buildings. At the completion of this phase of the program, ALL 51 of the FWCS school buildings will be air conditioned.
In order to maintain the tax rate at or below the level established in Phase 1 of the program, the Phase 2 work will be rolled out as debt is retired from previous bond-funded work (North Side HS and Food Service Facility projects that were completed in 2005). The Phase 2 projects are anticipated to be completed in 6-8 years.