FWCS Nutrition Services provides meals at no cost to students!
- All students in Fort Wayne Community Schools receive meals at no cost to families.
- While students do not pay for meals, they do have to pay for a la carte, a second milk, or milk for home-packed meal. All Smart Snack (a la carte) purchases in the middle and high schools require payment at the point of sale.
- Students can continue to use their prepaid meal account or pay at the time of purchase.
- Parents/guardians will continue to be notified of low and negative balances in their student’s accounts.
FWCS meals served as part of the National School Lunch and Breakfast Programs are offered to students free of charge:
- Elementary, Middle, & High School Breakfast: No Charge
- Elementary, Middle, & High School Lunch: No Charge
- A la Carte Milk: $.50
- Adult Lunch: $4.85
- Charges for a’ la carte purchases are not permitted.
- No charges are allowed. Cafeteria Managers will instruct students to borrow money from a friend or call his/her parent or guardian requesting money.
All unpaid charges at the end of the school year will remain on the student’s account the next year - it is the parent’s responsibility to pay these charges.
You can pay for your students’ a la carte items online.
- Access Online Payments by clicking the link.
- Things to know:
- From this site you will create your account and add money to your child’s school meal account. All you need is your child’s name, student ID number, and school ZIP code.
- If you have more than one child in the District you can handle all online prepayments from the same online account.
- Payments may be made through an existing PayPal account or with a major credit or debit card.
- In order to cover the bank costs associated with the online prepayment service, Titan charges a convenience fee of $1.95 per transaction. Parents placing money into multiple meal accounts will only be assessed the $1.95 fee once per deposit transaction.
In addition to the Online Payments system, Nutrition Services accepts cash and check as payment options for a la carte. We encourage students to put money on account at the beginning of the school year. Parents may specify how money on account is used for a la carte items.
FWCS is accepting applications for the 2021-2022 school year. Approved applicants can receive assistance for text book fees.
- Free and reduced-price textbook applications forms must be completed every year for all students applying for free textbooks. Complete the form online here.
- Parents are welcome to visit Student Services in the Grile Administrative Center, 1200 S. Clinton St., or FWCS Nutrition Services Center, 3211 Ludwig Road, for computer access.
- Click here to view the USDA Income Eligibility Guidelines
- Click here to access Helpful Application Information
Please call Nutrition Services to receive further instruction for filing an application or inquiring about eligibility. 260.467.2055