Fort Wayne Community Schools - College and Career Readiness
The K-12 College and Career Readiness program supports all FWCS students in establishing and pursuing college and career goals. Students are encouraged to aim high and reach their fullest potential in whatever path they choose.
College and Career Readiness Program adds SPICE to the lives of students and families:
- Support each student to achieve his/her college and career goals;
- Prepare students to embrace curricular and co-curricular opportunities and challenges;
- Inspire students to succeed inside and outside the classroom;
- Challenge students to reach their potential and live with purpose; and
- Equip students and the families with the proper resources in order for students to pursue college or a career upon graduating from high school.
State Graduation Initiatives
There are many changes being made in Indiana regarding Graduation Pathways and the high school diploma. Check out our resource page on these issues to learn more.
Where Are We Located?
FWCS Family and Community Engagement Center
230 E. Douglas Ave. Fort Wayne, IN 46802
Who Are We?
Shenita Bolton , K-12 College and Career Readiness Manager
Martin Murphy , K-12 College and Career Readiness Coordinator
What Do We Offer?
- College and Career Resource Area
- Individualized College and Career Planning
- High School College and Career Prep Programs
- Middle School College and Career Exploration Programs
- K-5 College and Career Exploration Program
- Twenty-First Century Scholars
- Parent University
- FAFSA Completion Awareness Program
- College Visits
- College Fairs
- Summer Career Internships/Externships
- College and Career Readiness Community Outreach
Feb. 17 – PATHWAY TO GRADUATION, COLLEGE AND CAREER READINESS
- Grades, Attendance and Co-Curricular Activities – It ALL Counts
- Exploring Colleges and Career
- The Importance of Community Service, Job Shadowing and Internships
Feb. 24 – STUDYING EFFECTIVELY TO PREPARE FOR YOUR FUTURE
- Getting Organized
- Following Instructions
- Using Appropriate Resources
- Taking Notes, Writing Reports and Taking Tests
- Learning How You Learn Best
March 3 – PROBLEM SOLVING
- Defining Problems – Big and Small
- Identifying Options
- Considering Pros and Cons
- Finding Solutions
March 10 – DECISION MAKING
- Making Decisions – Big and Small
- Gathering Information
- Identifying Options
- Weighing Options and Consequences