Fort Wayne Community Schools - Superintendent
Wendy Y. Robinson, Ed.D.
Dr. Robinson is a tireless advocate of public education and in her more than four decades in public education has developed close working relationships with some of the most prestigious educational organizations in the country. Dr. Robinson was one of the members of the inaugural class of Broad Center Fellows, a program designed to prepare and challenge urban school leaders. She is nationally recognized for her expertise in improving urban education and is frequently asked to speak at conferences and events hosted by organizations such as Learning Forward, The Wallace Foundation, American Association of School Administrators and the NYC Leadership Academy. Dr. Robinson has received numerous awards, including being named a 2016 Education Week Leader to Learn From and receiving the National Alliance of Black School Educators 2009 Joseph E. Hill Superintendent of the Year Award.
More about Dr. Robinson ...
Dr. Robinson is an active member of the community and has formed partnerships with local agencies and businesses to increase educational opportunities. She serves on numerous boards including Greater Fort Wayne Inc. and Parkview Hospital. She is a longtime member of the Indiana Urban Schools Association, serving as president in 2012 and 2013. She will lead IUSA again in 2018. She was also a member of the Indiana Panel to Study Alternatives to the ISTEP, a state-appointed committee recommending changes to Indiana’s standardized testing system.
In her 40 years with Fort Wayne Community Schools, she has served as a classroom teacher, assistant principal, principal and central office administrator. She was appointed to the position of Superintendent of Fort Wayne Community Schools in July 2003 after an eight-year assignment as Deputy Superintendent. Dr. Robinson was awarded her undergraduate and advanced degrees from DePauw University in Greencastle, Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne and Ball State University in Muncie. Her Ed.D. in educational administration and supervision was obtained from Ball State in 1996.
- Greater Fort Wayne Inc.
- Indiana Urban Schools Association
- Parkview Hospital
Awards and Honors
- 2018 – Indiana Superintendent of the Year, Indiana Association of Public School Superintendents
- 2017 – Partner in Purpose, Great Progressive Baptist Church
- 2016 – Leaders to Learn From, Education Week
- 2015 – Outstanding PTA Partner, Indiana PTA
- 2014 – Co-Citizen of the Year with Mark GiaQuinta, The Journal Gazette
- 2013 – Chairman’s Award, Indiana Civil Rights Commission/ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Indiana Holiday Commission
- 2012 – Mike Kneale Educational Excellence in Leadership Award, Education Research & Development Institute (ERDI)
- 2010 – Communities for a Lifetime Award of Excellence, Aging & In-Home Services of Northeast Indiana, Inc.
- 2009 – Joseph E. Hill Superintendent of the Year, National Alliance of Black School Educators
- 2008 - District II Superintendent of the Year, Indiana Association of Public School Superintendents
- 2005 - Athena Award
- 2004 – Elizabeth Dobynes Award, Fort Wayne NAACP
- 2004 – Helene R. Foellinger Achievement Award, YWCA
This email address should not be used for official communication. Email sent to this address is not private, and may be shared with other individuals.
Fort Wayne Community Schools
1200 South Clinton Street
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46802