Mission, Vision & Core Values
Fort Wayne Community Schools educates all students to high standards enabling them to become productive, responsible citizens.
Fort Wayne Community Schools will be the school system of choice and a source of community pride.
- Student achievement is the heart of our work.
- Equity in educational opportunities.
- The diversity and uniqueness of our district and community.
- The accountability of the school board, the administration, employees and teaching professionals.
- Open and honest communication with our community, parents, and students.
- Partnerships with business, governmental, and community agencies.
- Our community’s support, sacrifice, and contributions.
- The ability to change and meet all challenges.
- Facilities that are clean, safe, and well-maintained.
Achieve and Maintain Academic Excellence
Eliminate the achievement gap among all groups of students by maximizing the achievement of all.
Engage Students, Families and the Community
Involve all stakeholders to support students' readiness to learn.
Operate Effectively with Integrity and Fiscal Responsibility
Demonstrate effective and efficient use of taxpayer dollars by using best management practices and systematic long range planning.
Attract, Develop, Reward and Retain High-Performing Staff
Employ staffing and career strategies ensuring a diverse and highly functional workforce.