- Enroll your student in Fort Wayne Community Schools.
- The High School Reinvent program is redefining the way high schools work.
- Our School/Department Index is your best source of detailed information about each school, including buses that are late, and schools that have a special status. Detail information about our schools and opportunities for choosing a school are also included in the School Catalog .
- The Student-Parent Handbook Spanish Burmese booklet provides information and resources parents need to support their children's education.
- FWCS' Code of Conduct Spanish Burmese outlines the District's commitment to reinforcing positive student behavior and teaching students to be produtive, responsible citizens while maintaining a safe environment in which all students can learn.
- FWCS is LEADing the way in school reform.
- Elementary: 8:55 a.m. - 3:30 p.m
Bunche Montessori Early Childhood Center:
K - 8:10 a.m. - 2:20 p.m.
PreK - 8:10 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
Whitney Young Early Childhood Center:
K - 8:55 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
AM PreK - 8:55 a.m. - 11:25 a.m.
PM PreK - 12:45 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Title I PreK:
AM - 8:55 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
PM - 12:55 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Towles Intermediate - 8:00 a.m. - 2:35 p.m.
Middle Schools: 7:30 a.m. - 2:25 p.m.
7:25 a.m. to 2:40 p.m.
High Schools: 7:30 a.m. - 2:35 p.m.
Anthis Career Center: 7:45 a.m.
AM - 7:45 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
PM - 12:15 p.m.
- Complete information about all of our schools is available by selecting the School/Department Index link. You can select an individual school to see detailed information about that school, or you can select the address of the school to get a map that will help you find the school.
- For enrollment information, click the "How to Enroll" link in the Topic Index at left.
2013-14 total: 51
Early Childhood Center (preK - K): 2
Elementary (K-5): 31
Intermediate (K - 8): 1
Middle (6-8): 10
High (9-12): 5
Career and Technology Center: 1
Special or Alternative: 1
Facts and links to information about each school, including current school and bus status (and administrative departments, too).
School Choice Catalog
FWCS is proud of its policy that allows students to attend any school in the district, based on space availability and racial balance. While all students are automatically assigned to a school in their attendance area, you may choose to enroll your child in a magnet school, a high school Program of Study, or a school outside the assigned attendance area. Click the School Choice Catalog link to review the details.
New Tech @ Wayne
"Every student deserves this chance - to be taught critical thinking skills, to work with others (collaboration), to use technology as a tool, to work on fine-tuning oral and written communication skills, to understand what it means to have a strong work ethic, and to be able to apply what they learn to the real world. We are preparing students for the 21st century....how is that not good for every student?" Liz Bryan, Director, New Tech @ Wayne
Master's degree or equivalent: 56%
Average Teacher Salary: $51,300
Average Teacher Age: 44 years
250 buses transport 21,000 students
1,700 bus routes
20,000 miles every day
23,000 lunches and 7,000 breakfasts served daily
Students receiving free meals: 58%
Students receiving reduced meals: 11%
Student paid meals: 32%
If you need a username or password for Pinnacle, please contact your school..
If you experience any issues logging on or using Pinnacle, please contact FWCS at 467-2162.
Schools have individual websites. Find school calendars, contact information and other school information here.