Coaching Staff Hiring Process
It is a pleasure to have you express interest in a Fort Wayne Community Schools Coaching Staff position. Coaching staff positions include head and assistant coaches at the secondary level of all Fort Wayne Community Schools.
If interested in a coaching position, follow the application process below.
- Only completed applications with résumés attached will be considered for employment, so it may be helpful to collect the following information before beginning your application:
- Previous employment experience, including dates of employment and contact information
- Education experience
- For further information, contact the Human Resources Department at 260.467.2133.
Online Application for New Applicants Only
If you are NOT a current employee of FWCS, click this link for the external applicant online application:
Online Application for Current FWCS Employees Only
If you ARE a current FWCS employee, in ANY capacity, (full time, part time, substitute, etc.), click this link for the FWCS employee online transfer application:
Important Employment Note
Once an external applicant is recommended for a position, the following pre-employment requirements must be met before being officially hired by Fort Wayne Community Schools:
- Coaching Staff employment requires a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Valid drug screening
- Valid Safe Hire criminal history report
- Acceptable written references
- Signed Waiver Agreement, Background Investigation Consent Form
- Proof of valid licensing (as needed)
- School Board approval