Community Scholarships / Grants Online
With college costs rising, here are some general guidelines to keep in mind:
- Don't limit the colleges you are considering based on cost alone. Many schools offer need-based aid or work-study programs.
- If you need money to pay for school, federal loans may be a good choice.
- If your circumstances change, contact your college's financial aid office. You may be eligible for an adjusted aid package. For federal aid applications, visit FAFSA Federal Student Aid.
Helpful Web sites include:
- Student Advantage
- National Center for College Costs
- Scholarship Help
- Financial Aid tips
- Drive of Your Life
- Trip To College
- American Fidelity
- My LRAP
- Questa Foundation for Education
- State Student Assistance Commission of Indiana
- Twenty-first Century Scholars Program
- Community Foundation of Greater Fort Wayne
For all high school seniors:
- John F. Young - $1,500 per year, renewable for four years for a total of $,6,000.
- Grace Hogan - $1,500 per year, renewable for four years for a total of $,6,000.
- Caroline Zwick - $1,500 per year, renewable for four years for a total of $,6,000.
- Kasey Harter - up to $1,000 one-time award
- GiaQuinta Family Scholarship - up to $1,000 one-time award
- Clarence & Josephine Biedengweg Scholarship - the award is between $20,000 and $26,000 dollars for applicants intending to pursue a vocation as a teacher.
For North Side High School seniors only:
- Maryann Chapman - $3,000 per year, renewable for four years for a total of $12,000. Applicants must be entering a medically-related field including pre-med.
- Alice MacPherson - $1,500 per year, renewable for four years for a total of $,6,000.
For Wayne High School senior only:
- Charles Baker - $400 to $500 per year, renewable for four years (amount varies based on financial return. Applicants must rank 3 through 10 in their graduating class.
All scholarships are awarded on the basis of financial need, scholarship, leadership and initiative displayed during high school years. Applicants should rank in the upper half of their graduating class and plan to attend a four-year college or university.
- See the FWCS Scholarship Application for full details on all FWCS scholarships.